Now that we are in December we are starting to read our Christmas books. It is nice to have some new stories to read for a change.
We have a decent selection now of books; some from last year that my Grandparents bought for the children as well as some we have been given by friends of my parents. I’ve also picked up a few books as I have seen them in the shops which the children have, of course, been thrilled by.
One of our new ones this year is the lovely A Letter for Bear by David Lucas. The story is really sweet and follows Bear (who is a Postman) as he delivers his letters to all the animals. He realises he is a lonely bear and takes steps to make friends. The end of the book is lovely and heartwarming and both Mr D and Miss E love the ending of the story and seeing Bear happier.
The book is published by Flying Eye Books who, alongside Wide Eyed Editions, and the most exciting publishers I’ve come across this year. Their books are just so wonderfully produced; as Mr D and I read this together we were both just feeling the page. There is something very tactile about books and Flying Eye Books in particular just ask to be touched and engaged with. It’s book like this which for me show why digital mediums will never fully take over. I can’t imagine getting the same experience reading this story huddled around my Kindle or Ipad.
The illustrations are lovely and only a select palate of colours are used which adds to the festive feeling. The illustrations are so lovely and Miss E in particular likes to sit browsing through this book on her own pointing our the things she can see.
I am thrilled that the team at Flying Eye Books are offering three copies of Letter for Bear to readers of my blog. To be in with a chance of winning complete the rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only.
2. There is no cash alternative offered.
3. To enter, please use the rafflecopter widget above. Please ensure you leave some contact details or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
4. Three winners will be drawn at random from all qualifying entries. The winner will receive a copy of the book A Letter for Bear.
5. The competition will close on 13th December 2015.
6. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
7. Address details will be passed onto Flying Eye Books to post the prize out to the winners, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the publisher.
8. LetThemBeSmall’s decision is final in all matters relating to this competition.