I am not a baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I do make a pretty good ginger biscuit, so I thought it might be time to share it on the blog, so please do let me know how you get on with these super quick and easy ginger biscuits.
Be warned though – these are very moreish and, if my husband reads this post, I GUARANTEE, he will moan that he hasn’t had any of this batch of ginger biscuits – in my defence my parents did have some and between the children and I they don’t last too long!
So…. the ingredients are:
- 230g Plain Flour
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- half teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 3 – 4 tea spoons of groud ginger
- 100g butter
- 150g demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoon golden syrup
So, simply mix the flour, baking powder, bicarb, ginger and butter together – I cube the butter first and rub it all together so it resembles bread crumbs.
Next I add the sugar and give it a good mix. Then, mix the golden syrup and egg together before adding to the other ingredients.
Mix these all together into a sticky dough. You can wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge to firm it up, but I just use it straight from the mixing bowl.
Simply split the dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet – I use these non-stick sheets from Vremi. They simply sit on top of a normal baking tray/sheet and are compltely non stick – a perfect solution for me as I never remember to buy non-stick paper. They wipe clean realy easily and roll up to store away.
Pop the biscuits into a pre-heated over (200) and leave for 15 ish minutes – until they’re golden.
Once they’re done transfer them to a wire rack to cool and then store in an air tight container. They’ll last a good while in there – if you can resist eating them all!
I’m thrilled that Vremi are offering one of my readers a chance to win a set of the non stick baking mats as well as one of their handy spiralizers which are super for adding things like courgetter or carrot to salads. To be in with a chance to win simply complete the Gleam widget below.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Gleam widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will win a Vremi Spiraliser and set of Vremi Baking Mats
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 4th December 2017.
7. The winner will be informed by email by a 3rd party agency.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
I was sent a set of Vremi Baking Mats and a Vremi Spiraliser in exchange for this post.