I wrote earlier in the week that I had made some Rocky Road bites with the Freedom marshmallows that I was sent to review (see here) and as they were so delicious I thought I would share my quick and easy rocky road recipe.
- 125 grams butter
- 300 grams chocolate
- 3-4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200 grams Rich Tea biscuits
- 100 grams mini marshmallows
for the chocolate I used a mixture of dark and milk chocolate.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup together in a saucepan. Once it is all melted take away around half a cup and leave to one side.
- Bash to rich tea biscuits up – the aim is to have crumbs but also some pieces of biscuits. I pop them into a large bowl and bash with the end of a rolling pin.
- Fold the biscuit into the melted chocolate mixture. Once it’s all covered add the marshmallows.
- Tip the mixture into a tray (I lined a square cake tin with ton foil) and flatten it as as best you can with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the half cup of chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top. with a spatula.
I then refrigerated the mixture overnight and in the morning cut it into bitesize pieces.
It really is delicious and super quick and easy to make. It’s also great for adding small pieces of fruit into.