I am a big fan of Learning Resources products and have got a few of their items already, and one or two will be under our Christmas tree next month. When we were given the opportunity to review the Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set I was keen to take a look.
The Primary Science Lab Set is everything (and more) that you would expect from Learning Resources. The items are well made and durable enough to cope with the rough handling from young children. All the items included in the primary science lab set are designed with children in mind – just the right size for them to manage independently. It’s all very robust and brightly coloured and engaging.
The primary science lab set includes a whole host of things for children to get to grips with and even comes with activity cards. I really liked these as it meant we could get going as soon as we opened it – after raiding the kitchen for some supplies such as vinegar and lemon juice. The cards are all clear and explain what lab equipment is needed, what the science is and instructions to complete the activity. There is the added bonus that the activity cards wipe clean – perfect for the inevitable spills! My only slight dislike is that the activity cards don’t provide great detail and explanation of the science at work, but it’s easy enough to explain most of them anyway.
We set about doing a couple of the experiments, the classic fizzing volcano was a big hit as was mixing the oil and water. This had the children pretty mesmerised as they shook it up and mised it together and watched it all separate out again. I think we will be trying to mix some other things in the future.
This is a really comprehensive kit and whilst it is possible to buy the various bits individually I really do think that having it all together in one kit is such a great idea. The RRP for this kit is £27.50 and it’s well worth the price. Quality, durable kid-friendly items that help to foster children’s innate curiosity.
I am thrilled that the team at Learning Resources are offering one of my readers the chance to win a Primary Science Lab Set. To be in with a chance to win simply complete the Rafflecopter form below
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. One winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will win a Learning Resources Primary Science Lab Set
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 10th December 2017.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winner’s name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.