October through to December is a really busy time for us with parties and when David Charles got in touch with us to ask if Emma would like to choose one of their new autumn/winter dresses I jumped at the chance.
Whilst I’ve never been one to make her into a girly girl she is definitely a little girl who enjoys wearing dresses and putting on special party dresses for occasions.
When I was a little girl I had plenty of dresses, but I remember one that was purple. It had a velvety body and a metallic purple skirt. I loved it and I knew it was a party when I got to wear that dress. When Emma was looking through the selection of special occasion dresses I was quite pleased that she chose one that reminded me of my own childhood dress.
The dress Emma chose was called the ‘Red Waterfall Party Gown’ and, like the dress I remember from my own childhood this one has a velvety body and a large skirt – perfect for twirling in!
David Charles produce are well known for creating really luxurious dresses and when the dress arrived she was very excited to see the box addressed to her with her new dress inside. The dress was well packaged in a sturdy box, and beautifully wrapped in paper. She loved opening it all up to reveal her new dress.
You can tell the quality of the dress as it has a nice weight to it, from the layers of fabric and the velvet of the body of the dress is thick and very very soft and the back of the dress has a concealed zip fastening. The dress Emma chose is well constructed and the skirt has layers of soft tulle fabric, layered in a waterfall effect to create a lovely full-bodied skirt.
I like that this dress has full-length sleeves – perfect for the colder winter parties that we are going to and Emma, in particular, loves the little brooch on the hip of the dress – it’s a cute little accessory that adds a bit of sparkle to the outfit. This dress if a bold red colour and I really love the selection of dresses that David Charles have as so many of them are brighter colours and patterns.
This dress of Emma’s is a real quality item, that has the feel and finish of a well-made dress that I am sure will see her through the parties we have in the lead up to Christmas. She calls it her ‘Princess Dress’ and I know it will be one of the dresses she remembers when, like me, she remembers the party dresses of her childhood.
I am absolutely thrilled to be able to offer my readers the chance to win a dress of their choice from the Autumn/Winter collection. To be in with a chance please complete the Gleam widget below.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 18 or over to enter this competition
- Giveaway is open internationally – prize can be shipped worldwide
- Prize consists of 1 x dress of the winner’s choice from the Autumn/Winter 2018 collection
- Competition closes at [enter date here] 2018
- Winner will be chosen at random and announced by 1 December 2018
- Winner will also be notified directly via [insert contact method here] within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner
- The prize will be shipped to the winner by David Charles London via courier service or Royal Mail Air Parcel Post Service. Where possible a courier tracking number will be provided once the prize has been dispatched
- The prize will be dispatched within 2-3 business days of receiving confirmation of the winner’s dress choice and shipping details
- Prize cannot be redeemed for cash