As we have been battling chicken pox we have bene reading lots and lots of books. Mr D is pretty stoic when he is unwell and so he didn’t grumble too much. Instead preferring to rest snuggled up on the sofa listening to various stories.
We have read our trusted favourites from the people who help us series – these really are superb books that my oldest two adore. Pip and Posy are firm favourites at the moment, as are the Elmer books. All much loved and perfect for snuggling up on the sofa with.
We have also been lucky enough to have had a steady stream of books to review this month and we have had some lovely ones to read.
One of the really beautiful ones we have been enjoying is called Hug Me, Please!. It tells the story of Daddy Bear and Baby Bear who think that the very best thing is to hug someone, and so they set about their day hugging everyone they see.
It’ a lovely book with beautiful illustrations by Emilia Dziubak and both Mr D and Miss E love Daddy Bear and his funny faces. It’s a great story to read at bedtime and would make a nice Father’s Day gift too.
We have also been reading Tibs, The Post Office Cat which is a fab book and has lovely illustrations of 1950s London. This book has been published in conjunction with the brand new Postal Museum in London and it’s a lovely little introduction to easy history for young children. Mr D, in particular, has enjoyed this book. It is a little longer than those that we usually read but it’s really grabbed his attention, probably the combination of underground trains and post! Tibs is a lovely cat and the story is a great one that we have really enjoyed.
To be win with a chance to win Hug Me, Please! Complete the Rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
erms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will receive one copy of Hug Me, Please! from Quarto Books
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 28th May 2017.
7. The winners will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winners will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winners’ name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winners, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
12. LetThemBeSmall’s decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.