This post contains affiliate links
Miss E has, all of a sudden, really got into the whole ‘Princess’ thing, and with it the classic fairy tales. I must admit that I do enjoy the classic stories, and I remember my own parents reading those stories to me when I was young.
Mr D and Miss E have a couple of lovely cloth-bound classic stories books and I am looking forward to when they are able to really enjoy those longer chapter books with us. This time of year always sees us read that much more, you really can’t beat a cold afternoon wrapped up nice and warm in front of the woodburner sharing a good book. One that we have been starting to take a look at recently is The Wizard of Oz. A version of L. Frank Baum’s classic that has been adapted by Michel Laporte and illustrated by Olivier Latyk
Now, before I continue on, I must confess that I have never actually read the original version of the Wizard of Oz. When I was at school it was the school play one year, and not being much of a singer or actor, I was relegated to being a poppy. I am sure my parents still have the horrendous pictures to prove this somewhere, but it consisted of me being dressed head to toe in green with a large red frilly thing around my face. It was not the best experience and may have led to my reluctance to enjoy this classic tale.
That said, we were sent a wonderful papercut version to share recently and it’s reignited my interest in the story. It’s aimed at younger readers so it is an abridged version, but the charm of the original is there and it would make the most wonderful gift as it’s a real ‘must have’ book. It’s well designed and as you come across the various papercut pages you can’t help but be captivated by their charm.
This is a real keepsake book and one that we are enjoying making our way through together at the moment.
I am thrilled that I am able to offer one of my readers the chance to win a copy of the Wizard of Oz, adapted by Michel Laporte and illustrated by Olivier Latyk. To be in with a chance to win, please complete the rafflecopter below.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
2. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
3. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
4. One winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
5. The winner will win a copy of The Wizard of Oz.
6. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 10th December 2017.
7. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
8. The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
9. The winner’s name will be available on request
10. Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
11. Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.